A simple Asian slaw is always a good idea. This recipe is great for your next Asian themed meal or just for lunch. This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
These exciting flavors complement seared or grilled fish fillets, or chicken.
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, white or black
- 4 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage (from about 1/2 large head)
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Stir white sesame seeds in small dry skillet over medium heat until they become light golden, about 3 minutes.
- WATCH THEM CAREFULLY, they will burn. Set them aside.
- Combine the cabbage, carrots and green onions in large bowl.
- Pour the vinegar, peanut oil, ginger, sesame oil, and sugar over the top of the cabbage and toss the salad to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Toss the salad again just before serving and sprinkle the top with sesame seeds and serve.