Use bok choy instead of cabbage in this crunchy, eats like a meal, vegetarian salad. The eggplant adds a nice meaty texture and flavor but keeps the salad meat free.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8Servings
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into long strips
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed
- ½ cup hulled sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3 cups shredded bok choy
- 5 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 12 snow peas
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Place the eggplant on a cookie sheet, drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons evoo and sprinkle kosher salt lightly over the top.
- Bake until eggplant is soft but not mushy, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, 1 tablespoon evoo, sunflower seeds and pine nuts. Toss evenly to coat and spread the mixture over a cookie sheet.
- Bake until noodles are golden brown, approximately 7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the noodle mixture, bok choy, green onions, eggplant, water chestnuts and snow peas.
- In a small bowl combine the 1/2 cup evoo, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and lemon. Whisk until the dressing is combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to evenly coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until chilled.