Make this fruity relish and serve over any green vegetable.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound medium fresh asparagus
- 1 cup Water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup each coarsely chopped red and green seedless California grapes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 Remove thick, woody part of asparagus spears. Bring water and salt to boil.
2 Add asparagus and cook about 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender and still bright green.
3 While asparagus is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté onion and garlic. Add grapes, vinegar, mustard and pepper; heat thoroughly.
4 Spoon half of grape mixture onto serving platter, top with cooked asparagus and spoon remaining grape mixture over asparagus.