Applesauce and raisins make these kid-friendly snacks an after school favorite.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 18 to 24 MuffinsServings
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 1¾ cups applesauce
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup finely grated carrot (optional)
- 1 cup crushed pecans (optional)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, oil and applesauce. Beat well.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
4. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients; blend well. Stir in raisins, carrots and pecans.
5. Grease muffin tins, and fill cups ¾ full. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
6. Bake in a 375°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove and place on a rack until cool.