Montmorency Cherries are a lighter red version of the more commonly known sour cherries. This original recipe for Baked Asian Nut Mix with Montmorency Cherries by Eden is the perfect mix of sweet and salty, and is a healthy, tasty anytime snack.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon EDEN toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon EDEN hot pepper chili oil
- 1 tablespoon local or organic honey
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup red skinned peanuts
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon EDEN sea salt
- ½ cup EDEN Montmorency cherries
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Additional sea salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Spray a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil with olive oil cooking spray.
2. On medium heat, in a small saute pan, stir together the oils, honey, white pepper and ground ginger, stirring constantly. Cook for only a few minutes, until you smell toasty sesame and the ground spices are evenly distributed in the oil.
3. Combine the nuts in a medium bowl, and gently pour the warm syrup mixture over the nuts. Stir in 1 teaspoon sea salt, and toss together with a rubber spatula until all of the nuts are covered.
4. Spread the nuts out on the greased baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Stir the nuts and bake for 6 more minutes. Stir again.
6. Now bake for at most 4 more minutes, watching the nuts to ensure they don't burn, but that they remain a deep, toasty brown.
7. Stir gently, then set the baking pan on a rack to cool for 15 minutes. Top with additional salt to taste. Toss in 1/2 cup Montmerry cherries and enjoy!