You will never say your chicken breasts come out dry ever again. The marinating step is important here, so please do not skip it, the reward is a fabulous dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only (about 1 cup packed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic
- Coarsely ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 whole medium boneless chicken breasts (the whole double chicken breasts in one piece), weighing a little less than one pound each, preferably skin on
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
1. In a food processor, form a paste with the basil, oil, garlic, pepper and wine. Transfer to a mixing bowl, combine well with the chicken, and marinate overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Arrange the chicken breasts in one layer, marinade and all. Bake 15 minutes. Add the vinegar and bake 10 more minutes. Let the chicken breasts rest just a few minutes, then slice each breast across, you will get 3-4 thick slices per breast. Serve hot with all the cooking juices. Room temperature will be ok too.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Spring 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW