- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2-1/2 to 3-1/2- pound boneless beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 3 cups sliced carrots (1/4-inch)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces pitted prunes
- Heat oil in stock pot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef brisket; remove. Pour off drippings.
- Add onion to stock pot; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add 1/2 cup water. Return brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/4 hours. Add carrots, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, cinnamon and pepper; continue cooking, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket and carrots; keep warm.
- Add prunes to stock pot; cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup and prunes are plumped. Trim fat from brisket; carve diagonally across the grain. Serve with carrots, prunes and sauce.