Nothing like that aroma of a meaty stew cooking throughout the day – doesn’t matter whether you’re busy at home, or just returning after a long day. You take a sniff and the whole house tells you that dinner is ready!
Here is a great dish that can satisfy the hungriest of tummies after a day at school or work. (It's not only fab for your family, it's gorgeous enough to serve to company too.)
This slow cooker beef stew is traditional and delicious. Serve it with thick, crusty bread and experience perfection!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 small carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 pound cubed beef chuck
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix together carrots, parsnips, turnips and butternut squash in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with cubed beef and tomatoes.
2. In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder and cumin and sprinkle over everything.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.