After making my stuffed beets I used the leftover insides to make these Greek inspired fritters and topped them with a drop of Greek Yogurt. You can use matzo meal instead of breadcrumbs to make this for Passover.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 3 beets, cooked and grated (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 oz. feta cheese crumbled herbed
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup panko or matzo meal
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- oil for frying, about 1/4 cup
- Greek yogurt (blood orange flavored even worked well)
1 Mix the beet, onions, cheese, egg and herbs together. Season with salt and pepper then mix in enough breadcrumbs to bind the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2 Shape the mixture into golfball-size pieces.
3 Dip in panko. Heat the oil until hot, but not smoking, and fry the pieces in batches for 2-3 minutes pressing down with a fork until golden all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with a dollop of yogurt.