These are fabulous sugar cookies, great plain, just rolled in sugar, but adding some colorful Mike and Ike candies really takes them up a notch. The dough can be made ahead of time and frozen or bake the cookies and freeze them.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 36 cookiesServings
- 200 grams or ⅔ cup margarine, cold
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ boxes of Mike and Ikes, chopped
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, put 200 grams (or ⅔ cup) margarine, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
2. Turn on mixer with paddle attachment and mix until well creamed. Add in 2 cups flour and 1 teaspoon baking soda.
3. Add in chopped up Mike and Ikes, mix into the dough (will be slightly sticky).
4. Roll into 1-inch balls. Place on cookie sheets lined with baking paper.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350’/180’ for about 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Centers will be slightly soft.
These cookies freeze beautifully.