I just love green beans, they cook up quickly and can be enjoyed both hot and cold. This recipe adds in black-eyed peas, a very underrated bean, but they are actually buttery and creamy and add protein to this vegetarian side.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco or hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large sauté pan, cook green beans in olive oil over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes. Add onion and cook 8 to 10 minutes more or until onion is translucent and beans are tender.
- Add black-eyed peas, hot sauce, salt, chili powder, and garlic powder and stir to combine. Heat 2 to 4 minutes and serve immediately.