Pre-made pie crust and fresh blueberries make this pie easy and fresh at the same time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- ⅔ cup sugar + 1 tablespoon to top crust
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- Store-bought pastry dough or crusts, enough for 2 pies
- ¼ cup soy milk
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 9-inch pie dish with the dough.
2. Mix together blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and vegan butter.
3. Pour mixture into pie crust. Cover with second pastry or crust and cut a few slashes in top. Alternatively, cut pastry into strips and prepare lattice top.
4. Seal edges well, and crimp if desired. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill dough.
5. Brush lightly with soy milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake 40 additional minutes, or until crust is golden.
6. Enjoy with vanilla ice cream or non-dairy ice cream.