You can use the whole broccoli or even just the stalks for these healthier, loaded with vitamins latkes. I love finding ways to get my kids to eat veggies, it doesn't even matter if I have to fry them, I use healthy extra virgin olive oil and I get my whole family to eat lots of broccoli.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 latkesServings
- 1 head including stalk broccoli
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ cup matzo meal or bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Clean and chop broccoli separating the florets from the stalk.
- Bring ½ cup water to a boil and throw in broccoli stalks, after 3 minutes add the florets, cook until slightly tender.
- Place broccoli and onion in food processor and pour into a bowl. Add egg, matzo meal, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil to coat, drop tablespoons of the batter into the hot skillet placing them far enough apart so they don't touch.
- Cook on each side until brown 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all batter is used up.
- Serve immediately or freeze and reheat in oven.