Feast your eyes on the easiest and most scrumptious slow-cooked chicken you will ever eat! The skin on this chicken is a beautiful dark brown and every juicy bite is filled with the sweet candy flavor of brown sugar, garlic and soy sauce.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 6-8 skinless chicken thighs on the bone
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda diet or regular
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar you can use red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place the chicken in the crock pot and cover with the brown sugar, pepper, garlic and soy sauce. Then add the vinegar and soda.
2. Cover the pot and cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Throughout the day, the chicken will get darker and darker so let it sit for the full amount of time. Your house will smell amazing too.
3. Remove the cover and eat!
1. Use crock pot liner for easy clean up
2. Pour the left over liquid on top of brown rice for an easy and delectable side dish
3. You could cook this recipe in the oven but the skin won’t be as dark