The flavors of fall come through in this comforting lasagna that is just a little different from the usual. Enjoy butternut squash and sage the perfect combo.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 pounds cubed butternut squash
- 2 small yellow onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 8-ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped sage or 2 teaspoons dried ground sage
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound oven-ready lasagna sheets
- 1 (8-ounce) bag shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine squash, onion, garlic, olive oil and salt on a sheet pan and toss to coat. Roast in the oven 30 minutes or until squash is fork tender. Cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Add roasted squash to the bowl of a food processor and add cream cheese and stock. Blend for 5 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in sage and pepper.
- Grease lasagna pan. Assemble lasagna by covering bottom with a layer of noodles. Next spread with ⅓ of squash puree and sprinkle with ⅓ of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering of noodles, squash and cheese two more times. Top with final layer of noodles, mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more or until top is golden brown and bubbly. Let sit 10 minutes before slicing.