- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 Cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 Medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 Cup)
- 3 Cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 (15-Ounce) cans mild red beans in chili sauce, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 Cups COOKED TURKEY, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Cook rice according to package directions.
2 Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic; cook 7 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
3 Add beans, cumin, salt and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover with lid. Simmer 10 minutes.
4 Stir in turkey; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
5 Add parsley to rice; mix lightly. Spoon rice onto serving platter and top with bean mixture.
Source: National Turkey Federation