- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 ServingsServings
- Tempeh Burger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (3-inch) square tempeh
- 2 slices good quality, crusty white sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons Almond-Yogurt Sauce (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup Shredded carrots
- 6-8 very thin cucumber slicesAlmond Yogurt Sauce
- 3 teaspoons almond butter
- 1 (6-ounce) container plain soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1 Burger: Heat olive oil in a small skillet.
2 Fry tempeh on medium heat, browning on both sides and heating throughout.
3 Meanwhile, spread both slices of bread with Almond-Yogurt Sauce.
4 Top one slice with shredded carrots, cucumber slices and tempeh; assemble sandwich and serve.
5 Sauce: For the sauce, place almond butter in small bowl. Add half of yogurt and whisk until smooth, using a fork.
6 Add remaining yogurt and whisk again. Stir in cilantro and serve. Makes about 1 cup.
Almond Board of California