Avocados know no boundaries; they even work in traditional Italian recipes. Take your favorite caprese ingredients and pile them into avocados for a quick, refreshing, and light weekday dinner or lunch.
Find more salads to complement your avocados, Stuffed Avocados.
- Prep Time
- 3 ripe avocados
- ½ cup shredded fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup torn basil leaves
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup balsamic reduction
- Garnish: extra virgin olive oil, flaky sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice avocados in half and remove pits.
2. In a medium bowl, combine fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, and lemon juice.
3. Fill avocado with cheese mixture.
4. Top with balsamic reduction, evoo, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.