- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 to 10 ServingsServings
- 2 packages frozen pie crusts, 4 crusts total, defrosted (16-ounce)
- 4 ripe but firm pears, cored and cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ cup bought pareve caramel sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon raw or turbinado sugar
Preheat oven to 400° F.
In a large bowl, combine pears, lemon juice, sugar, flour, cornstarch, cinnamon and cardamom and toss to combine.
Place one crust in a 9-inch pie tin or plate and press lightly to seal around the edges. Spread caramel sauce evenly over bottom of crust. Fill with pear filling, evenly distributing.
Combine 3 remaining pie crusts and roll out on a lightly floured surface until 1/8-inch thick. Cut into ½ inch thick strips. Arrange dough strips on top of filling to form a lattice. Trim and tuck edges under as needed. Seal the edges of the crust around the rim with fingers to form a scalloped edge or the tines of a fork.
Brush crusts with egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
Bake on a sheet pan for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 375° F and bake for 35 to 45 minutes more or until crust is browned and fruit is tender. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.