- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, diced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup goat's curd
- 5 tablespoon Dried cranberries reconstituted in a little boiling water
- Preheat oven to 130°C.
- Mix the flour & the sugar in a bowl. Add the diced butter, rubbing in with your finger tips until the mixture resembles course bread crumbs. Add the egg yolk and the water, and mix until the pastry forms a paste. Wrap the dough in glad wrap and leave in the fridge to rest for 30 minute
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and lemon juice. Add the goat’s curd, cranberries and refrigerate until cool.
- Line a flan ring with baking paper. Roll out the pastry to fit into the flan ring and place in the oven and blind bake for around 15 minutes.
- Pour the curd mixture into the shell and bake for 20 minutes or until set. Allow to cool and serve with crème fraiche.