- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups cooked long grain brown rice*
- 1 cup green peas, blanched
- 1 cup California Ripe Olives, wedged
- 1/3 cup Toasted pine nuts
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 Heat oil in a medium sized sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2 Stir in onions and turn heat down to medium-low.
3 Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 10-12 minutes, until onions are well caramelized.
4 Stir in brown rice, peas, California Ripe Olives and pine nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: California Olive