Sweet carrots and savory Swiss chard ribbons, my new favorite side.
Kale is an excellent swap for chard in this recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 - 10Servings
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced on an angle ¼-inch thick
- 8 - 10 large Swiss chard leaves, tough stems and center ribs removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan half-full of water to a boil.
2. Add carrots and cook until barely crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Drain carrots and return to the pot with chard, oil, garlic, and parsley.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Sauté over medium heat until chard is just wilted.