Refreshing and delicious!
Chilled soups are chic and perfect for starting what is normally a heavy holiday meal. This soup can stand in for a salad or be a part of your Rosh Hashanah Menu.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium leek, white part only, sliced thinly
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced into bite sized pieces
- 6 cups carrot juice, store-bought or homemade
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 roasted beets, peeled and small diced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Garnish: Apple Chutney
1. Heat a small saucepan, lightly coated with evoo, over low heat. Sweat leeks and carrots until very soft and very fragrant, about 20 minutes. Add carrot juice, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Chill. Before serving: place a few pieces of roasted beets into glasses or attractive bowls and spoon chilled borscht over beets. Garnish with Apple Chutney.