Carrot souffle enhances just about every kind of meal. The main dish for a dairy meal, it can also be made pareve and used a as a side for fish, chicken or beef (great with cholent).
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2½ cups carrots, cooked, mashed, and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1½ cups milk or milk substitute
- 1 cup matzo farfel
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 egg whites
- Salt and pepperto taste
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
2. In a bowl, add cooked carrots, egg yolks, milk, farfel and onions. Mix to combine, adding salt and pepper to taste.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff and then fold them lightly into the carrot mixture.
4. Turn into prepared casserole dish. Bake at 45-60 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.
5. Serve immediately. This recipe can be doubled or tripled.