- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 TBLS olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 3/4 cup Golden raisins
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 TBLS flour, mixed with 2 TBLS water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 TBLS lemon juice
1 In large saute pan over medium high heat, warm olive oil. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring often, until chicken pieces are browned, about 10 minutes.
2 Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3 To same saute pan, add onions and red bell pepper; cook until almost tender, about 6 minutes.
4 Add garlic, black pepper, cinnamon, cumin and ginger.
5 Stir and cook until spices are fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add garbanzo beans, raisins, chicken broth and cooked chicken.
6 Bring mixture to a simmer; reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes.
7 Bring sauce in pan to a simmer, pour in flour/ water mixture and stir well. Simmer 5 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened.
8 Remove from heat; stir in parsley, cilantro and lemon juice.
Source: National Chicken Counci