Donʼt relegate celery to soups and stocks only. Once in a while make it the star, especially if you find a nice bunch with leaves attached, it makes a divine salad all in its own with different textures and flavors from one vegetable.
If your celery doesnʼt come with many leaves, use a bunch of parsley.
- Prep Time
- 8 celery stalks and leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 dates, pitted, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. Place celery in a medium salad bowl.
2. Whisk together lemon zest and juice, evoo, and honey.
3. Drizzle dressing over celery, toss, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Top with dates and nuts.
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 205
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 100 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g