Fish sauce and Parmesan cheese are both full of glutamates that create the flavor we refer to as umami. They work together in harmony to bring amazing flavor to mild-mannered cauliflower.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 head cauliflower, florets separated, with large florets cut in half
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, or Romano cheese
- Freshly crushed black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium bowl, mix evoo and fish sauce together.
2. Toss cauliflower florets in fish sauce dressing. Pour florets onto a non-stick roasting tray, or a sheet pan covered with aluminum foil.
3. Roast cauliflower for 20 minutes. Stir florets and roast 10 minutes more.
4. Sprinkle cheese and black pepper over the florets; roast for 5 minutes more.