These are wonderfully chewy cookies. This recipe can be doubled without a problem.
- 3 1/2 dozen cookies ServingsServings
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, and then stir in the oats.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time and then scrape down the sides of the bowl; add the honey and vanilla and beat until blended. Add the flour mixture in two additions, beating until well combined. Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Drop the dough by the heaping tablespoonful about 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Bake until the centers of the cookies are soft and no longer look wet, 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.