This easy-to-make chicken casserole recipe has been enjoyed by my family for many years. Hope it will become a favorite of yours too.
Tip: Can be cooked in a pressure cooker for 25 minutes - it's equally good.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 whole chicken (3 - 3½ pounds), cut into pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ green pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 (3-ounce) can tomato paste mixed with 250 ml (8½ ounces) water
1. Pat dry chicken pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Lightly brown chicken with onion, and transfer to a large casserole dish.
3. Combine green pepper, sugar, vinegar, steak sauce, tomato paste, and water.
4. Pour the mixture over the chicken, and bake at 180°C (350°F) for 1 hour.