- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 4 each boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 12 oz (about 5 cups) fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) unsalted diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 tsp dry white wine
1 In a Dutch oven or skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot.
2 Add chicken; cook until brown on both sides, turning once, about 3 minutes for each side.
3 Remove chicken from pot. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook and stir until mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes.
4 Return chicken to skillet. Stir in thyme and pepper.
5 Add tomatoes with juice from can; bring to a boil.
6 Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7 Serve over steamed rice, if desired.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com