Hummus is a staple appetizer and spread. The addition of extra protein in the form of chicken or turkey makes this hummus a more substantial dish that can be eaten as a snack or light lunch.
The pretty photos are courtesy of fellow Kosher Connection food blogger Yosef Silver from This American Bite. Hop on over and check out his local, seasonal, organic kosher recipes. He’s an inspiring writer and home cook.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (evoo), plus more for garnish
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hummus, for serving
- Garnish: Paprika and fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
3. Add chicken or turkey and break up into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
4. Add turmeric and cumin; cook until chicken is browned and cooked through. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. To serve, spread hummus to the edges of a large plate using the back of a spoon; drizzle with evoo.
6. Pile chicken or turkey in the center. Garnish with light dusting of paprika and some fresh cilantro leaves.