When you place the chicken pot pie in the oven put it on a cookie sheet or in a large pan, the foil will be loose and wobbly when you’re taking it out and there is nothing worse inside your oven.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 cup of pulled apart chicken
- 1 cup of vegetables (carrots, peas, zucchini, onions,etc)
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 deep dish pie crusts
1. Place the flour and margarine in a pan together and whisk till it dissolves to create a roux.
2. Add chicken broth and allow it to bubble for 5 minutes uncovered (you are intentionally trying to cook out some of the water, so that a more condensed flavor remains).
3. Add the vegetables and meat and stir. Pour the mixture into a deep dish pie crust and cover it with the other crust.
4. Cut slits in the top to release steam and place it in the oven for 1 hour at 350°. Allow it to stand for 20 min before serving.