These roll ups can be adjusted to your taste easily. For vegetarians use quinoa instead of chicken or pescatarians can use leftover salmon. Only use the vegetables you like, but the more colorful the better.
Save on prep time if your grocery store sells veggies already julienned or in sticks.
If packing it up to go, it is best to keep the dip separate, but if eating fresh you can add to the filling.
- Prep Time
- 1 cup fresh herbs, choice of cilantro, parsley, or basil
- 2 scallions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large leaves of lettuce, chard, kale or collards
- 4 cups julienned, shredded, and/or matchstick cut raw vegetables, such as carrots, red pepper, cucumber, beets, red cabbage, kohlrabi
- 4 cooked chicken breast cutlets (3 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- In a food processor or blender combine herbs, scallions, evoo, lemon juice, salt and pepper and process until well blended. Remove to a bowl for dipping and consider making extra to use a salad dressing or sandwich topping.
- Trim the stem/spine of the green leaf of choice, just enough to make it pliable, if need you can overlap leaves.
- Arrange fillings on the center of the leaf. Fold ends in and roll it up tightly.
- Serve with dip.
- Serving Size: 2 roll ups with 1 tablespoon dip
- Calories: 313
- Carbohydrate Content: 15.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 65 mg
- Fat Content: 16.6 g
- Fiber Content: 5.4 g
- Protein Content: 27.5 g
- Sodium Content: 406 mg
- Sugar Content: 7.4 g