1. Combine marinade ingredients and chicken.
2. Marinate 10-15 minutes.
3. While chicken is marinating combine ingredients for sauce and set aside.
4. Heat wok (or a large skillet) with oil over high heat until surface of oil shimmers.
5. Add garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes, stir for a few seconds until fragrant (do not let burn!)
6. Add chicken and stir-fry 1 - 2 minutes, until opaque and slightly golden.
7. Add vegetables, stir-fry another minute
8. Quickly re-stir sauce and add to pan.
9. Stir-fry another 30 seconds until bubbling and thickened
10. Remove from heat and add bean sprouts.
11. Season with black pepper to taste.
12. Garnish with chopped chives
Serve on top of noodles or plain steamed rice.