This chilled pea and mint soup has the perfect balance of hearty and fresh flavors.
I didn’t want to do the traditional tomato gazpacho or the played out fruit soups that everyone has a million and one recipes for. So I was inspired by an old issue of English Chef Jamie Oliver’s mag (great name, great chef, great personality). All the prices are in pounds, all the measurements in metrics and there are a ton of features on shellfish and some form of pig in every other recipe it seems... but the picture of his chilled pea and mint soup just spoke to me so I went for it.
Related: 14 Easy Healthy Soup Recipes
- Prep Time
- 8 to 10Servings
- 2 bag frozen peas, thawed (10-ounce bags)
- ½ cup packed mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
1. In a food processor, combine peas, mint, garlic, olive oil and salt and pulse to finely chop. With food processor running slowly add broth and water and run until smooth.
2. Chill 30 minutes or up to 2 hours before serving. Garnish with mint.