If you can't find Chinese five spice powder, or just prefer to blend your own, here is how to do it.
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cupServings
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 6 star anise or 2 teaspoons anise seedsground star anise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons szechuan peppercorns or black peppercorns
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Combine all ingredients in a spice grinder, blend until finely ground.
2. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for 1-2 months.
*Whole or ground peppercorns do not require a hashgacha.