- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 beef shoulder petite tender roasts (about 8 to 10 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into quarters,Salt
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Chimichurri Sauce:1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 Combine 1 tablespoon oil and chipotle chili, as desired; rub evenly over beef roasts.
2 Place roasts in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange bell peppers around roasts. Grill peppers, covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning once.
3 Grill roasts, covered, 14 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Transfer roasts to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 minutes.
4 Meanwhile prepare chimichurri sauce. Place parsley, garlic, oregano, salt and chili powder in food processor container. Cover; process until chopped.
5 With motor running, slowly add oil and lime juice through opening in cover, processing until blended.
6 Carve roasts across the grain into slices. Season with salt, as desired. Serve roast and peppers with chimichurri sauce. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.