This crust was developed for one of my favorite cheesecakes, but you can use it as a crust for anything.
To make the cheesecake use this crust as the base and regular cheesecake batter as the filling with 1⁄2 teaspoonfuls of cookie dough dropped into cheesecake batter once placed in pan + 1⁄4 cup Chocolate Ganache to drizzle on top.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pie crustServings
- 8 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter with the sugars until smooth.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
6. Press half the cookie dough on the bottom of a 9-inch springform (reserve remaining dough to spoon over top of filling).
7. If you will be making a cheesecake, wrap the outside in foil so that when you fill and bake you can set in a water bath. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove. Allow to cool. Use as desired.
To make ahead, freeze baked crust until ready to fill.