This easy to make and fun for the whole family dessert is made for Passover, but would be great any time. Just melt your chocolate, spread it on your matzo, drizzle the other chocolate if you like, top with your favorite fruits and nuts and let sit until ready to serve. The matzo bark will stay good for about a week. You can even make it with gluten free matzo if you needed.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 4 sheets of matzo, any variety
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped fine or use chips
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped fine or use chips
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted nuts (pistachios and almonds work best)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit (apricots, craisins)
- other toppings of choice, coconut flakes, flaked sea salt, orange zest
- Melt both types of chocolate in separate bowls over a double boiler or in the microwave heat it for 30 seconds, then stir and heat for another 30 seconds, if not melted, put it back for 10 seconds at at a time.
- Spoon the chocolate over the matzo spreading with the back of the spoon until the full sheet is coated. Drizzle with the other colored chocolate.
- Sprinkle with fruit and nuts and optional toppings.
- Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Break into pieces and serve or store in refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart and photo courtesy of Sina Mizrahi.