- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 5 cups peeled and sliced baking apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons stick margarine, chilled
- 1 cup crushed wheat flakes cereal
1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 Spread apples in an 11x7x2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; add water.
3 Combine flour, sugar, and ground cinnamon. Cut in margarine, using a pastry blender or two forks, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4 Add cereal; mix and sprinkle over apples. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with frozen vanilla yogurt or ice cream if desired.
Source: Wheat Foods Council