This recipe is a mouthful, with blueberries and buckwheat and chia you will get lots of flavor and nutrition in one bite. If you have kasha lying around you can grind it to make buckwheat flour, that is what I did. Recipe adapted from anediblemosaic.com
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 14 ServingsServings
- cooking spray for muffin tin
- 1 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds, ground
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4-1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk mixed with a tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375F; grease a 12-muffin tray with cooking spray and use ramekins or another muffin tray for extra muffins.
- Whisk together the flours, ground chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. .
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined. Whisk in the buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter between the 14 muffin/ramekin cups and bake until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing the muffins from the tray.