I made this recipe using my cold sesame noodle dressing, but I opted for Tahini instead of peanut butter. I julienned the carrots and let them sit in the dressing for a couple of hours to soften a bit. You can cook the carrots for a few minutes, but I didn't think it was necessary personally and I like the crunch. This salad is a low carb, healthy option to replace noodles.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into strips with a Julienne peeler
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste or sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Prepare carrots and place in a large bowl.
- Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a small pan over medium heat. Gently cook the minced garlic and grated ginger until just fragrant, about 30 to 40 seconds, turn off the heat. Add the tahini, soy sauce, green onions, rice vinegar, chili paste, and sugar. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the carrots and toss. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and more scallions on top. Chill in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours before serving.