- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 1/4 C scallions (green onions), rinsed and sliced into 1/4-inch wide circles, including green tops
- 1/4 C celery, rinsed and finely diced
- 11/4 C frozen yellow corn
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (or substitute 2 tsp dried coriander)
- 1 can (151/2 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 C reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C salsa or taco sauce (look for lowest sodium version)
- 12 (9-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
1 Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2 Combine scallions, celery, and corn in a small saucepan. Add just enough water to cover.
3 Cover, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes, until vegetables soften. Drain vegetables. Set aside to cool.
4 Combine avocado, cilantro, and beans in a large mixing bowl. Add cheese and salsa, and mix.
5 When corn mixture has cooled slightly, add to avocado mixture.
6 In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, warm each tortilla about 15 seconds on each side. Place each tortilla on a flat surface. Spoon ? cup of the mixture into the center of the tortilla. Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla over the filling. Fold in the sides to make a closed packet.
7 Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
8 hen all tortillas are wrapped, continue heating in the oven 5 minutes, until all are warm and cheese is melted.