- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 pounds Green beans, trimmed
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (6 oz.) can California Black Ripe Olives, drained
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- to taste freshly ground pepper
- to taste Tabasco sauce
1 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill another large pot or bowl half full with ice water and place next to the stove.
2 Add half the green beans to the water and cook until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.
3 Transfer beans with a slotted spoon to the ice water to cool. Repeat with the remaining beans.
4 Transfer all the cooked and cooled green beans to another large bowl with a slotted spoon, reserving the ice water.
5 Return the water to a boil.
6 Add the corn and cook until tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
7 Transfer to the ice water to cool. Remove from the water and cut the kernels off the cobs.
8 Add the corn kernels to the bowl with the beans along with the remaining ingredients; toss well to combine
Source: California Olive
202 CALORIES PER SERVING; 11 G FAT; 0 MG CHOLESTEROL; 22 G CARBOHYDRATE; 4 G PROTEIN; 439 MG SODIUM. SERVES 8 | SERVING SIZE: ABOUT 1 1/4 CUPS | READY TO EAT: 35 MINUTES