We love these Cranberry Cheese Bars - they cut into bite size pieces to become mini crumb cakes/cheese cakes. Perfect to nosh on!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cake - 35 bite size piecesServings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND & reg; Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from concentrate
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, 3/4 cup sugar and butter; mix until crumbly. Reserving 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
4. Gradually beat in EAGLE BRAND® until smooth; stir in lemon juice from concentrate. Spread evenly over prepared crust.
5. In small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cornstarch; stir in cranberry sauce. Spoon evenly over cream cheese layer.
6. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
7. Bake 40 minutes or until golden.
Cool. Chill. Store covered in refrigerator.