Sometimes, a delicious and unique recipe only needs a few simple and healthy ingredients. In this case, all of the items came right out of my pantry and freezer and I’ll bet you have similar inspiration in your own kitchen! This dish is definitely a new healthy Fall favorite for me and might even pop up at my Thanksgiving table.
- 4 ServingsServings
- 15 ounce can creamed style sweet corn
- 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 teaspoon chili jalapeno powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup imitation crab meat chopped
- fresh cracked salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the canned creamed corn and pure pumpkin to a pot, then add the spices. You can add a little more or a little less of each spice based on the level of heat you prefer. You can find chili jalapeno powder at http://wholespice.com/.
2. As the mixture begins to heat up, add around 1/2 cup water, maybe a little more, to thin the soup. Just like with the spices, add the amount of water based on the thickness you prefer for your soup.
3. Add some fresh cracked salt and pepper to taste. Once the soup had the perfect flavor and texture for your liking, add the chopped imitation crab and carefully stirred. And that’s it!