Gazpacho is like summer in a bowl. Such a simple dish requires the ripest ingredients and most delicious olive oil. Bonus: gazpacho actually tastes better the day after it is made. The flavors meld and become even more savory and satisfying.
For best results, use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
Make a double batch of the Shawarma Chickpeas--they are addicting and make a great snack or add-in to salads.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
Shawarma Spiced Chickpeas
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and dried with a paper towel
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shawarma spice mix
- Sea or kosher salt
- 1½ - 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 2 thick slices day-old bread or challah, crusts trimmed off soaked in water, and wrung out
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: shawarma chickpeas, tahini
Shawarma Spiced Chickpeas:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, toss to coat chickpeas with 2 tablespoons of evoo then toss with spices.
3. Spread chickpeas on lined baking sheet and roast for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until dry and crispy.
1. Blend tomatoes, bread, cucumber, shallot, garlic, vinegar and evoo in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
2. To serve ladle gazpacho into small glasses, bowls or favorite vessel. Drizzle with tahini and garnish with chickpeas.