A tuna noodle casserole is a perfect dinner for a weeknight when the kids come home from school “starving.” They get one whiff of that warm, cheesy aroma and they are instantly soothed. In fact, just to guarantee that the kids will gobble it up, serve it with potato chips on the side, or crumble the chips on top. Who can pass up a meal that comes with chips?
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 (5-ounce) can tuna, packed in water and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- In a small sauté pan, cook onion in olive oil over medium-high heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine onion with noodles, tuna, cheese, sour cream, dry mustard, and paprika. Stir well to mix everything together.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned. Serve with potato chips.