Comforting and absolutely delicious, pumpkin polenta is a celebration of fall. The simple base of creamy polenta with pumpkin puree is healthy and easy. Garnish the dish and take it from simple to sophisticated.
Serve the polenta in mini cups for an elegant appetizer or as a first course instead of soup.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- 1 ½ cups coarse ground cornmeal or polenta
- 5 cups chicken broth or water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped parsley, toasted pumpkin seeds, fried sage leaves, drizzle best quality extra virgin olive oil or brown butter and grated Parmesan cheese for a dairy preparation
1. In a large saucepan, simmer polenta, chicken broth or water, and evoo, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until polenta is creamy and not gritty, about 20 minutes.
2. Stir in pumpkin puree and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm in low oven or on blech.
3. Garnish with any or all suggested garnishes to make the dish really POP!
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.