Get your veggies and eat your pasta too. This creamy pasta recipe brings with it a nice does of healthy spinach easy for any day of the week.
- Prep Time
- 4-6 servings ServingsServings
- 1 (1-pound) box spinach fettuccine
- For sauce:
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional fresh grated parmesan (optional)
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. While pasta is cooking prepare sauce.
- In a 4-quart saucepan mix spinach, cream, butter, parmesan, onion and garlic powders and salt, and simmer over low heat until combined and heated through.
- Pour sauce over fettuccine and mix well. Serve immediately with parmesan cheese on the side, if desired.
Tip: If not served immediately, the sauce will dry out on the pasta. (I refuse to expose how I came across this valuable lesson. Just take my word for it.) So if not serving immediately, keep sauce and pasta separate. Reheat and mix just before serving.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER
Nutrition information is based on 6 servings and no optional ingredients.